Selling your house is an adventure, but it can also be stressful. Imagine having to put it on the market under time pressure – that can be even more nerve-wracking. Whatever your reason may be for needing to sell your house fast, there are some tips and tricks that can help make the process smoother. From increasing your home’s value to attracting the right buyers with strong offers, these eight tips can help.
8 Steps for Selling Your Home Fast
1. Clean and declutter.
Making your home’s interior appealing is key to selling your house fast as it helps potential buyers decide if it’s right for them.
Start by decluttering your home and going back to only the essentials. Personal belongings like family photos and keepsakes should be kept away as these could hinder buyers from picturing themselves living in your home.
Organize the closets, pantries, and storage areas, instead of cramming extra things into them, to show buyers that there is plenty of space for their belongings. It also helps to get a storage unit where you can pack away large items and extra belongings that could make the room look crowded and messy.
In addition, deep clean every room in your house, including baseboards, bathroom tiles, carpets, cabinets, fittings, walls, and windows. You need to show that your house is as close to brand new as possible. And if all else fails, consider touching up with a coat of paint.
2. Invest in home improvements.
If you don’t have time for major luxury upgrades, make sure you still take care of minor, easy fixes that will help make your home look better.
These can include:
- Addressing problematic electrical wiring.
- Applying a fresh coat of paint where applicable.
- Fixing loose tiles, door handles, knobs, leaky faucets, and other fittings.
- Installing new, modern hardware like bathroom drawers, blinds, kitchen cupboard doors, and shutters.
- Patching up areas where paint has been peeled or scratched.
- Replacing dimmed lightbulbs and outdated fixtures.
- Upgrading the floors – whether by polishing, replacing, or using vinyl tiles.
Essentially, paying attention to home renovations and maintenance work – even the small ones – will help sell your house quickly.
3. Stage your home.
Once your house has been cleaned, decluttered, and improved, it’s time to consider staging it. Staging helps maximize the spaces and makes rooms look and feel larger.
To speed up the sale of your house, work with a professional home stylist to help with the staging. They are experts in bringing their own decor and furniture, arranging them in a way that highlights your home’s assets, making it feel welcoming for potential buyers.
Another option is to ask a friend or your real estate agent to walk through your home and give your tips on how to better your current set-up. The goal is to have a fresh pair of eyes to point out where else improvements can be made.
4. Don’t forget about the external curb appeal.
Curb appeal should not be overlooked when you’re trying to sell your house fast. Whether they’re browsing through listings or during the open house, your home’s exterior can be the deciding factor for whether or not potential buyers will pursue your property.
Here are some things you can do to improve your curb appeal and sell your home fast:
- Add flowers and colored plants at entry points or porches.
- Do some paintwork around windows, shutters, or any dull areas.
- Install a fence.
- Pressure wash your garage, driveway, and the outside of your house to remove built-up grime and dirt.
- Spruce up your garden with repainted garden edging, brightly colored plants, and maintained landscaping.
5. Hire a professional photographer to showcase your home.
While snapping photos by yourself using your phone might seem efficient, having poor listing photos can impact your home’s salability. Buyers will first encounter your home through photos or videos, so these will be crucial in their home-buying decisions.
Before they take photos, make sure to use as much natural light in your home as possible. Open the blinds, change lightbulbs, and update fixtures as needed. The professional photographer will then be able to find the right angles and shots that will highlight your house’s best features.
Be sure to consider utilizing other high-end tech (3D camera, HD videos, and drone footage) to capture your home’s and community’s best offerings.
6. Have a strategy.
If you want to sell your house fast, then you need strategize and put yourself in the shoes of your ideal buyers.
First, you need to price the home competitively but fairly. Consider the value of similar homes in your area that have the same size and features. You may also want to take a look into the average price points that most buyers search for within your area.
Next, determine the right time to sell your home. Some claim that June is the best month, while others say summer and winter are the best seasons. Ultimately, this will be based on your local area, so doing your research is essential.
More importantly, you need to be transparent about the potential shortcomings of your property. You also need to be mindful of the claims in your listing and publish only an honest portrayal of your home. Remember, buyers won’t want surprises (or disappointments) once they've purchased and moved to your house.
7. Market it the right way.
To sell your house fast, it’s crucial that you implement marketing strategies that will appeal to your target audience.
One way to do this is to focus on what makes your property unique. Have you recently done home upgrades or added new appliances and furniture? Do you have a home office, infinity pool, massive backyard, or stunning view? Is your community near parks, schools, or shopping centers? Be sure to highlight these!
You’ll also have to be on the right platforms. Depending on where your audience is, you should invest in blogging, digital marketing, email marketing, relevant print publications, SEO, or social media efforts.
Similarly, if you’re able to, utilize your network for word-of-mouth marketing. Ask family and friends to refer your listing as they see fit. Connect with your local paper, community influencers, or professional contacts to get your listing to the public.
8. Work with a local, experienced real estate agent.
The most efficient way to sell your house fast and make a profit is by working with a real estate agent who knows the whole market and industry.
Experienced agents should be able to:
- Connect you with professionals – photographers, interior designers, home stagers – to ensure you highlight your property’s best features.
- Execute strong, creative marketing strategies – from listing it to the right market to creating online and offline campaigns.
- Guide you in picking the right offer.
- Help you price your home right from the start to keep your home from sitting on the market too long.
- Negotiate effectively to ensure you land a fair deal quickly and smoothly.
- Stage your home in a way that inspires viewers and potential buyers.
- Use the latest industry technologies to showcase your home’s unique selling points.
Ultimately, a seasoned agent should be able to guide you the best way forward so your house sells as fast as possible.
With so many moving parts involved, selling your house fast can be a tedious process. From paperwork, listings, and viewings to negotiations and contracts, it can get confusing. Luckily, the pros at The Brendan King Group can help.
We have the local market knowledge, industry expertise, extensive network, and top-tier technologies. Ultimately, we’ll work to help find the right potential buyers and sell your house fast.
Ready to sell your Las Vegas house? Contact The Brendan King Group today.