The Rise of Pickleball in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, always in tune with the trends, has quickly adapted to cater to this growing crowd. Casinos and resorts have been swift to repurpose tennis courts or build exclusive pickleball courts. Tourists can now find multiple options within the city to play, whether they're professionals or beginners.
Where to Play
- The Plaza Hotel & Casino: Situated in downtown Las Vegas, the Plaza boasts exclusive pickleball courts. They often host tournaments and events, making it a hub for enthusiasts.
- Lifetime Athletic Club: This upscale fitness club in Summerlin, a short drive from the Strip, offers indoor and outdoor pickleball courts. They even offer classes for beginners.
- Sun City Anthem Community Center: Located in Henderson, it’s a hotspot for senior pickleball players. With several courts, it’s a great place to play and meet fellow enthusiasts.
- Chicken N Pickle: A three-acre multi-level unique, indoor/outdoor entertainment complex. on the corner of St Rose and Maryland Parkways.
- Electric Pickle: Dynamic and unique restaurant and bar complex in Fremont East. It features nine pickleball courts for 36 players, a two-story restaurant with a patio and rooftop bar, three bars, cornhole and bocce ball courts, and a lawn for live music, yoga classes, and group gatherings.
- Oak Leaf Park Pickleball Courts: Located at 6303 Mesa Park Dr, this has four free outdoor concrete courts with permanent lines and nets, complete with restrooms and water access for players.
- Sunset Park Pickleball Complex: Offers 24 free outdoor pickleball courts with lights, restrooms, water, and reservations available. Enjoy the game on dedicated hard and concrete surfaces with permanent lines and nets.
- Bill Briare Park: One of Las Vegas, NV's top pickleball destinations, this popular spot features four free outdoor hard courts with convenient lights for extended play.
- Desert Vista Community Center: A highly sought-after pickleball destination. With 10 dedicated outdoor hard courts located at 10360 Sun City Blvd
- Durango Hills Park: There are 7 outdoor hard courts located at 3521 N Durango Drive. These courts are free and include amenities such as restrooms, water, and lights.
- Huckleberry Park: Located at 10325 Farm Rd. There are 4 outdoor hard courts. You'll have to bring your own net but the lines are permanent and the courts are free.
- Lone Mountain Park: Located at 4445 N. Jensen St., has four courts. These are dedicated courts with permanent lines and nets.
- Cougar Creek Park: Located at 6635 W. Cougar Ave., features two courts. These are dedicated courts with permanent lines and nets.
- Bob Price Park: Located at 2100 Bonnie Lane, offers four courts.
- Seastrand Community Park: Located at 6330 Camino Eldorado Parkway
- Silver Mesa Recreation Center: Located at 4025 Allen Lane.
- Neighborhood Recreation Center: Located at 1638 N. Bruce St.
- Police Memorial Park: Located at 3250 Metro Academy Way, has four courts.
- Aloha Shores Park: Located at 7550 Sauer St., includes four courts
- Justice Myron E. Leavitt & Jaycee Community Park: Located at 2100 St. Louis Ave., offers four courts.
- Black Mountain Recreation Center: Located at 599 Greenway Road.
- Mission Hills Park: Located at 551 E. Mission Drive
- Siena Heights Trailhead: Located at 2570 Siena Heights Drive
- Silver Springs Recreation Center: Located at 1951 Silver Springs Parkway.
- Whitney Mesa Recreation Area: Located at 1661 Galleria Dr. has four courts. There are 8 outdoor hard courts. These are dedicated courts with permanent lines and nets. The courts are free.
Tournaments and Events
Las Vegas's competitive spirit transcends the casino floors. The city hosts multiple pickleball tournaments throughout the year, attracting national and international players. The **Las Vegas Pickleball Open**, held annually, is a standout event with cash prizes and attracts some of the sport's top talent.
Lesson and Groups
For those looking to dip their toes in the world of pickleball, Las Vegas offers several lessons and group sessions. Places like **Pickleball and Tennis Las Vegas** offer lessons for every skill level, ensuring everyone gets a fair chance at the sport.
The sport's appeal lies in its simplicity and inclusivity. It requires minimal equipment, the rules are easy to grasp, and it’s a fantastic social activity. Whether you're a resident or just visiting Las Vegas, joining a game is a great way to meet people and get active.
The next time you're in Las Vegas, try something different. Swap the dice